Mi Reserva

OUR HISTORY

The Hood Arms

The Hood Arms

The Hood Arms has a long, rich history with an Inn being recorded on the site as far back as 1689 – the year that William and Mary replaced James II as co-monarchs of England.

The inn was originally called the Chough & Anchor but by 1832 it had been renamed The Hood Arms, although the original pub sign was retained and is still used to this day, the chough and anchor being the crest of the local landowners, the Acland-Hood family of St Audries. By the end of the 1830’s the pub was flourishing and stables were added in 1839 to attract the growing coaching trade travelling along the Nether Stowey to Minehead turnpike.

The classic layout of the Hood Arms remains largely unchanged since 1736 and its easy to relax by the open fire with a pint of Cider or Real Ale and imagine those times, when Kilve was a centre for smuggling along the Bristol Channel coast – with Brandy and illicit goods stored the Chantry situated behind the Hood Arms in Sea Lane; or you might have shared a tall tale with Coleridge or Wordsworth as they enjoyed a hearty meal in the pub.

 
Desplácese hacia arriba

Esta página web es editada por The Hood Arms, Kilve, Bridgwater, Somerset, TA5 1EA, Reino Unido. Número de Impuesto / IVA: 264616690. Utilizamos cookies para asegurarnos de que tenga la mejor experiencia y cualquier información personal compartida durante su visita esté protegida por nuestra política de privacidad

Nuestra página web fue creada y está alojada por eviivo sociedad limitada, 154 Pentonville Road, Londres, N1 9JE, Reino Unido. Registro: 05002392 Número de Impuesto / IVA: 877374571 . eviivo no tiene responsabilidad por el contenido que se muestra en esta página web, y opera la página web en nuestro nombre bajo la siguiente política de privacidad

Al utilizar está página web, usted acepta nuestro uso de cookies y los términos de nuestra política de privacidad